Monday 26 June 2017

Petra prins Dutch quilt

Another quite massive tick off the FAL Q2 list!! When we had a trip to Amsterdam last year I had a trip to the Petra Prins shop. I have always loved her reproduction dutch fabric. The yellows and purples and dusky pinks just sing to me!
I wanted to make a quilt from one of her books, unfortunately I developed joint problems and was slightly daunted by the gazillion and one HSTs ..... plus all the rotary cutting.
Never fear, the fiskars rotary cutter guillotine thingy is perfect as is the clingy thing, clearly perfect angles. I only had to trim about 2 out of every dozen triangles I made and I think that was because I hadn't been too accurate in the initial cutting - sorted!
The original center of the quilt was hand appliqued, well that is out for me, my shonky old joints couldn't cope so I found this foundation paper pieced pattern by Lynne Goldsworthy, perfect!

I took it up to a quilting retreat up in Cullen and got cracking, the finished quilt is on its way to siblings together.










No comments:

Post a Comment