Sunday, 13 April 2014

2014 FAL Q2

Oh bother, I missed the link up from Q1, am up to my oxters (Scottish for armpits) in the last gasp of my teaching certificate. After this Thursday it should be done and dusted, which leaves me WAAAAYYY more time to get caught up with this lot .... I did manage a few finishes from Q1 well one finish I managed one finish, the pink polka a dot quilt.
Right onto quarter 2.
1. I'm rolling over the APQ quilt along, it is almost done, I've been wrangling it through the machine to quilt today.

2. Ok I'm also rolling over the farmers wife ... I've been stonking through this now I made the choice to paper piece rather than faff with the templates.
Loooook how many I have done!

Seriously I only have 30 to go and I have done 20 in the past two weeks.
3. *blushes* ok another roll over, Marcie's maze quilt, I did make a tentative start to this but got sidetracked. This will get done, promise.
This is the pattern, I do have the fabric cut, so am hopeful, ever hopeful ....
4. I don't actually think this is a roll over?? *shock horror* it's the very first craftsy block of the month! ironically in have last years one done but not this one. Now my pretty your time has come.
I have all the blocks done and sashed, wadding and backing fabric cut, just need to QAYG.
5. *sigh* another roll over my pretty silk quilt! I have to get back to this! I don't know what the block is. Once I figure that out I will get back to it.

Ok that's enough for now, if I get even one of these done I will be happy!!







Finish Along 2014

Sunday, 6 April 2014

War on WIPs

I saw someone in my bloglovin roll talk about a war on WIPs. I like that phrase, I will steal it, I'm sure they won't mind.

The main WIP which has been nagging at me (apart from silk quilt, don't mention the silk quilt) is my poor wee farmers wife.

When I looked back on Flickr I realised I started this in 2011 ..... That's over 3 years ago.

Hmmmmm, I was ploughing along struggling with the blooming templates until I decided enough was enough, I was going to find a quicker way or I was going to call it quits.

Sooooo I started doing it the paper piecing way, apart from one total disaster:

 

It has totally turned round my progress! So far this year I have made over 30 of the wee blighters. That's almost as many as I made in the past 2.5 years!

I made a couple of mosaics of the progress so far to see what it looks like, it's all scrappy, now my main concern is how to sash it, plenty time to decide that though :-)