Saturday 21 September 2013

Some liberty love

I love Liberty fabrics, the colours, the prints, all just gorgeous. When I was at the Stitch Gathering I was delighted to see a pack of liberty in our goody bag from Very Berry to add to the goodness, I got another pack from the lovely Nikki as a thank you for giving her a lift.
Double Liberty loveliness!
What to do with such gorgeousness?
I have a chum who is unfortunately going through chemo just now. She made herself some chemo dollies from a mollie makes pattern, they have little bandanas on instead of hair. I don't have a picture but they are so sweet. My chum also loves Liberty so I knew immediately what I wanted to do.
A mini chemo dolly quilt!! Here's a progress shot:
Here is the finished item:




I thought my chum deserved a present too, so I made her a zakka sewing kit from the fab book by, Rashida Coleman-Hale


I used my favourite owl linen fabric, it makes me smile so I hope it makes her smile.

4 comments:

  1. I bet she'll love it and really appreciate it too. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used up the last of the owl linen I used for your bib class, an absolute favourite.

      Delete
  2. Such truly lovely gifts! What good friends you are to one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nessa, that's what friends are for, so many good people saw me through chemo

      Delete